Saturday, March 04, 2006

You win a prize if you can explain what this is!!!!! :)


This is what I do at work... so I'm offering a $50 dinner to whomever can accurately describe it. Of course, you have to go out with me and Emily, but it will be on me!

See ya,
maur

41 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A planning sheet or a goal sheet ? ? ? ? That's my guess.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 2:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a model of school shopping for kids???

Saturday, March 04, 2006 4:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it's a chart for kids and parents for what they buy. And you interviewed a bunch of people and listened to what they think about it! You then take the information and tell the stores to put out more ads for whatever it is that the kids really liked. So you and the company that ownes whatever you're selling will get money.

Thank You,

Javauna

Saturday, March 04, 2006 4:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND NONE OF YOU COPY MY IDEA!
I WROTE IT FIRST!
IF YOU COPY IT, I CAN PROOVE I WROTE IT FIRST!
love,
javauna

Saturday, March 04, 2006 4:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it's a chart for kids and parents for what they buy. And you interviewed a bunch of people and listened to what they think about it! You then take the information and tell the stores to put out more ads for whatever it is that the kids really liked. So you and the company that ownes whatever you're selling will get money.

Thank You,
Grandpa Bruce

Saturday, March 04, 2006 5:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prove it!
Love Grandpa Bruce

Saturday, March 04, 2006 5:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

look at the bottom of my first post and see what time i posted it at! i posted it before you!

love,
javauna

Saturday, March 04, 2006 6:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

look at the bottom of my first post and see what time i posted it at! i posted it before you!

love,
javauna

Saturday, March 04, 2006 6:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but that was Texas time!

Saturday, March 04, 2006 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger SENIORCLIE said...

Mike is close, J and Grandpa (not sure who said it first) are close... but, J & Grandpa got off track a bit about how this is used! :)

So, any of the rest of you out there going to give a shot at a $50 dinner?!?!? What could be more fun than that... Suzy? Miss? Matt? Josh? Grandma? Adam? Danielle? Kayla? Jessica? Weird people browsing this who aren't even part of our family?

See ya,
maury

Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Suzi said...

I think that this is a transparent attempt for Maury to get us to come and visit him. Offering a 50$ prize that can only be collected in his presence. I mean really!

Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Suzi said...

AND NONE OF YOU COPY MY IDEA!
I WROTE IT FIRST!
IF YOU COPY IT, I CAN PROOVE I WROTE IT FIRST!
Love, Suzi
(and Josh and Grace. E.)

Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Emlarae said...

All I know is he's been forcing me to look at that picture over and over again.
***I should have held out for some prize money.****
I guess when you work on something for hundreds of hours it's fun to see what other good times you can have making up contests with it.
That didn't make any sense. NO prize for me.

Sunday, March 05, 2006 1:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This illustrates a timeline/dialogue of the jointly negotiated purchasing process between mother and child for the beginning of school student needs and wants as perceived by retail suppliers.
Question - where's the teacher's required supply list?

Sunday, March 05, 2006 9:06:00 PM  
Blogger Melissa Brown said...

Having recently been a guest at the giles household I can accurately explain this chart in detail.

Beginning with the circle

Awaken= when everyone wakes up
Prepare= Breakfast, scripture study, hair
Get it done= the mad rush as things escalate toward the time that school starts

note that school may start before the end of the get it done period

Clean up= the end of the day when the kids are in bed
stockpile= the process of storing energy in preparation to do it all over again.

There's more...

Sunday, March 05, 2006 10:35:00 PM  
Blogger Melissa Brown said...

Basics trip= when you trip out of bed into the bathroom
The trip= when you trip out of the bathroom into the kitchen
Bonding trip= when you trip right before a hug
Round two= when you hug again because you tripped the first time
Out of stock rush= when you are out of food and rush to give the kids lunch money
Day after run= This is actually a misprint. It should be after the day run. This is when you run.
Special needs= well, we all have those, don’t we.

What’s hot trip=when you trip into the Jacuzzi tub
Rewards trip= when you trip into bed after a long day
(those two are actually interchangeable)

Surprising deals= when one or more child throws up in the night
Trendy pick ups=when you use your new towel to clean it up.

The rest is pretty self explanatory.
Love you guys! :)
Miss

Sunday, March 05, 2006 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger SENIORCLIE said...

SO FAR... mom whens the knowledgeable response prize, not only for accurately describing the "process" articulated in the graphic, but noting that this version was missing the "triggers ring" that includes that back-to-school ads, school/teacher list, and sales, etc. Way to go MOM!

Monday, March 06, 2006 4:51:00 AM  
Blogger Emlarae said...

I don't care what maury says, I'll give you the prize for that one. That was too funny Miss! :)
ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, March 06, 2006 4:52:00 AM  
Blogger SENIORCLIE said...

SO FAR... Melissa wins the "what does this really mean that Maury can hide into work-related graphics that have dual meaning that only clever family members can detect and, therefore, appreciate after living in the Giles home" award.

Emily is still laughing! I, in contrast, am proud that my plan of dual-meaning was readily apparent.

Monday, March 06, 2006 4:53:00 AM  
Blogger Emlarae said...

I meant to Miss I'd give the prize.

Monday, March 06, 2006 4:54:00 AM  
Blogger Emlarae said...

Oops, I better stop posting at the same time as Maury. I'm ruining his planned effect. :)

Monday, March 06, 2006 4:55:00 AM  
Blogger SENIORCLIE said...

OH... and Suzi wins the prize for understanding why I really wanted to offer the prize.

Monday, March 06, 2006 4:55:00 AM  
Blogger Emlarae said...

Also, we always get up at 4 am to check the blog.

Monday, March 06, 2006 4:56:00 AM  
Blogger SENIORCLIE said...

And... Mike wins the award for always responding first with honest answers.

And... JJ would have won a prize, but she copied what Dad (Grandpa) said.

And... Dad whens a prize just for posting at all!

Monday, March 06, 2006 4:56:00 AM  
Blogger SENIORCLIE said...

Oh... and I win a prize for generating the most responses to a single post.

Wait... that would mean you all get that prize.

So... why don't we all go out to dinner? Mom/Dad... let's go to Houstons. Everyone else... we'll go to McDonalds or Taco Bell! :)

Monday, March 06, 2006 4:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dying!!!!!! That was sooooooooooooooofunny Miss!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, March 06, 2006 8:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I when, I hope whenning will when me a special meal. By the way, Mar, who is your favorite whenning comment?

Or are we all whenners!

Love ya Maur!!
DAD

Monday, March 06, 2006 9:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL @ missy comment

Monday, March 06, 2006 9:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So we all get a free dinner right?????

Monday, March 06, 2006 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Emlarae said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, March 06, 2006 4:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it's a chart for back to school shopping!

Monday, March 06, 2006 5:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WANT TO GO TO T.G.I.F's.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKYOU!

Monday, March 06, 2006 5:31:00 PM  
Blogger SENIORCLIE said...

Dad -- I'm glad you caught my creative use of the word "when" in that post. You win when you're the won to notice win when it is spelled when.

Monday, March 06, 2006 7:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who's right????// <3

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 2:48:00 PM  
Blogger SENIORCLIE said...

We all win, dinner on dad!

JJ -- I am impressed, you were very good at figuring out what this was all about. I love you!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:20:00 PM  
Blogger SENIORCLIE said...

By the way, I meant dinner on Dad meaning Grandpa!!!!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maur, you were right the first time!

I'm gramps!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:48:00 PM  
Blogger Melissa Brown said...

what the heck is judabo?

Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it may be an attempt at an ethnic slur....

Friday, March 10, 2006 4:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or an attempt to state a superior physical skill

Friday, March 10, 2006 4:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, Adam, i was pronouncing it right the WHOLE TIME!
jj

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home